Translate

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

GOAL's The Gateway to Dream

"Arise ! Awake ! and stop not until the goal is reached." quoted the great Indian Monk, 'Swami Vivekananda'. Whenever I listen this quote I feel an urgency to once again check on my current location on the path of my dream, which I can bring into reality by achieving the GOALS I have set for myself. Yes, every single time I am infused with lot of positive energy just by hearing, reading or writing this quote. 

Since the beginning of this new venture into Corporate and Professional skills training which I Co-Founded in Amravati, I have came across very strange but true incidences which shaken my belief and faith in current up-bringing and education of more than half of young students in colleges and University of Amravati. It's very obvious to feel strange into something right after one leaves their job from a metro like Ahmedabad and comes back to a place like Amravati, because of changes in life style and habits of people around them! Though, the strange feeling which I came across was not one of which I have just mentioned. The real reason behind my concern is the lack of Vision and Goals in the minds of students who are looked upon as future of our country. My experiences while interacting with most of the students made me think so. Whenever I meet someone in my office who is a job seeker and I try to ask him about his aspirations or his favorite areas of work or career most often I get back is a Silence, a pin drop silence. I mean after completion of the graduation or P.G. or some times even more than that, If a student is still trying to find out (actually neither trying to find nor bothered about)  his Abilities, Competencies or Interest in the life then something is extremely wrong. Something is wrong in his life which he or someone around him is not aware about. Something is wrong in his life which very few people understand but can not convince him about the fact. Someone knows exactly what is wrong in his life but he is reluctant to listen it from that some one because that some one in his life is experienced but not so cool according to him. We must find out what is wrong in the scenario because if we don't find whats wrong here then it can be Worst in future.

Recently I met a guy around 26 years old, who came to my office to get a job. The reason behind searching a job was neither his ability or knowledge nor his interest in any sector. He wanted to earn only to fund his tuition class for Public service commission exam. I asked him what type of work he can do to which he was unaware, I asked him about his family financial condition which I got to know was poor with no back up. So I decided to help him out by offering a job with field work involved in it. The moment he heard about field work he denied to work, which is a normal scenario now a days. No student want to do field work as if it is crime however I felt i should help this guy and I thought to check his knowledge level so that I could offer him another job. I was startled to hear him saying that the president of India passed away! I thought he must be confused so I corrected him telling the fact that he was our former president but he laughed at me and told me that no sir he was the current president of India. If this is the level of Current affairs knowledge a graduation student possesses then we must check the level of Education being provided to the students. I have no more doubt about mediocrity in the society because with such level of knowledge we deserve such scenario in our country. 
  
(Continues...)    


No comments:

Post a Comment